Project Graduation

Project Graduation
My Cousin Jenny: Project Graduation

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Nosey Little Sucker, Aren't You?

You want in on the "juicy" details...Me and Cass welcome you!
JENNIFER

1/25/12

Ok so it has been a while since I have updated everyone with MyCousinJenny news. My past few weeks have been on a constant motions forward and I all can think about is graduating.

This whole waking up early ordeal on Mondays and Wednesdays for my internship has been taking a toll on my energy for sure. I wake up at 6:45 a.m. every Monday and Wednesday, shower, get dressed, and head out. Luckily for myself, Darian starts the car up and everything and takes me to the train station to catch the 8:16. I get on the BNSF Naperville- Route 59 stop and it is the stop where everyone gets on so here’s my strategy to get a good upstairs individual seat:

Use my height as an advantage!

Kiss Darian goodbye and squeeze my way underneath the business professionals and their briefcases, those too concerned about their smartphones, and make my way to the second person in line on the cart. I’m a genius, I know.

But it’s something about Metra that I admire. No, not people or the magenta seating, but Metra’s incentives to get passengers to get to the train station on time, yet still hope that they don’t. If Darian and I get to the train station at about 7:55-8:00 a.m. there is a good chance that I will be able to avoid the crowd and get a roundtrip ticket for $11 a day. However, if I do not get the ticket at the booth and wait to buy it on the train, I’ll pay $8.50 for a one-way ticket. Now that’s crazy! Talk about a profit!

Ok well anyways, I leave my internship at about 3:30-4:00 p.m. and catch a bus back to Union Station in enough time to catch an evening Metra back to Aurora and have Darian either take me to my 6:30 p.m. class OR drop me off at my car. My first week of classes, I managed to doodle on the paper and nod off to sleep. So conclusion for Monday and Wednesdays: Get adequate sleep on Sundays and Tuesday or I’ll never stay away for my evening classes.

But enough with that aspect. Let’s talk about Fashion Loves You.

I’m the President of the Fashion Loves You student organization at Aurora University and I cannot describe the pannick I was feeling last week about the organization. See, my Vice-President, Kiara, is not on campus this semester. And my CEO Eric is too busy with school, working, and other extra curricular activities to even meet up and discuss our plans this semester. And if you know me, you know how much I love being apart of Fashion Loves You. So as the only board member on campus (even as a commuter) last week I was stressing out printing meeting/event forms, getting them signed and turned in on time. Because if you’re familiar with FLY, you know that it’s that time of the semester! Yea, or organization hosts one of thee most anticipated events! The Spring fashion show!

So I am really overwhelmed. It’s my senior year, I feel like I’m so separated from the rest of my board members as well pull together to put together this show, and I can count on my hands and toes how many hours of sleep I get a week. And the stress on my hands right now isn’t even including my current retail job or my relationship with Darian…Those two deserve a completely new post…Smh. Drama, drama, and more drama!

And my birthday was last week (January 18th) and I'll post the UNCUT photos from that night next week lol. UNEXPLAINABLE! Lol! Next week's post, I'm sure will be good. Everyone wants in on "Oh Jenn how are you and Darian doing?" Most people who ask really don't care, especially if I'm happy. But you want in? You want to be nosey...Here goes...

CASSANDRA

1/24/12

My week started off fantastic (dramatic voice).  Every week I attend my internship for about 20 hours. Well on Monday January 16, 2012 I was supposed to be up and out by 8 am in order to make my 32 min commute to Woodridge, IL.  I woke up at 9, rushed and got dressed. Warmed my car up, which took ten minutes more than normal and proceeded on my way. I was jamming and on my way to the expressway, and I hit a curb and my front tire popped.  I panicked and called my Papi (my father is my superman), well superman did not answer so my mother was my next life line, still no answer.  I called Chacha (my Twin) and she didn’t answer, this is when I panicked to the point where I began to tear up (yes it was that serious…lol).
Lucky my brother answered and to my surprise was willing to help in any way possible.  He told me calm down and he would be on his way.  Now I had to figure out how I would get to a parking lot that was safe for me to wait. Being that the tire was my front tire I could not go far.  I waited an hour and some change. While I was waiting, I called my best friend Samaria and her sick behind made up a joke or two and brought me back to reality.  My brother finally saved the day. I called my supervisor and she told me not to go in and just take the day off, because I needed it.  When I returned to AU the same spot I left, was still there, and I took this as a sign from God. He told me I needed a break and I didn’t listen, guess he showed me!  I used the rest of the day to be productive and decorate the hall with Shanequia and Jassminn (both my residents and friends). They made my day worthwhile.
After a long week of classes and internship, I was excited for the fun filled weekend with Marzel, Samantha, Shanequia, and Jassminn.  Mother Nature made another appearance and brought us more snow and took Comcast cable with her.  Without cable we had to make the best of our Friday and we made it the best possible snow day.  Marzel apparently felt he was gone beat us up but we made sure he let all of campus know we won! This started one of my many weekends that will consist of doing nothing.  No home work and no readings, just laid back interaction with my loves. I must say it has felt good to spend the weekend with my only worry being fixing my tire and RA duty.
Lastly, I will like to say that I really enjoyed the time I spend with Marzel.  I’m sure many of you could care less about my [love] life, but if you didn’t you would not be reading, now would you??  College has taught me a lot of things and out of the many things, the one thing I have found myself using more now than ever before is, “ be open minded.”  I’m learning a lot about myself and with school and life moving in the direction I want, feeling wanted and appreciated is almost desired.  I have said it a million times I’m not looking for another relationship or love, but I think it’s looking for me and we are having one hell of a hide and seek war and I think I like it. This last month has shown me that I have settled a lot in the past and deserve the best and to be happy. I have been telling everyone around me to “ go with the flow and followe your heart. F&^k the rules.. Love has no script,” and I think it’s time I follow my own advice.  So look out ten blogs from now, I may add another title to my description…hahaha.
With that being said and with life having a million obstacles that one must cross, there will always be someone and something in your way.  They’ll try to destroy you and your progression, but it is your duty to tell them….”you ain’t gone do SHIIIITTTTTTT”.  My future is mine I’m claiming my degree, my career, my life.. my happiness.. my future! See you next week. (I’ll try to post video and pics soon) =)

No comments:

Post a Comment